|Best practices||Search||Add Entry|
Climate Detectives Campaign
School / organization: Umweltbüro Nord e.V. / Environmental Office North, reg. ass.
Contact Person: Tilman Langner
Keywords: renewables, energy effiecienc, climate protection. management
Age of pupils: 10-18
Learning aims: Students (+teachers) shall understand, that they seriously can contribute to climate protection, and they shall learn, how to to it.
Teacher shall be motivated to integrate climate protection into dayly school live.
Short description: The Climate Detectives campaign provides secondary schools in Germany the support regarding climate protection:
- Background information on climate change and climate protection
- Age-based teaching materials
- Work instructions, checklists and indicators as tools to take stock, asses and improve climate protection
- Support in the development of contemporary environmental management
- Good examples, such as projects from pupils and intelligent organisation models to save energy
Reflection: Climate change + climate protection are topics in the lessons of secondary schools in Germany. But in most of German the schools, climate protection is no part of the dayly school live and is not integrated into school management. - That's why activities like Climate Detectives Campaign are necessary in the German educational system.
|Date added: 2009-05-25 01:13:29 Hits: 132|
|Powered by Sigsiu.NET|