Thursday, 16 February 2012 23:45
- promote use of bicycle (especially for new generation);
- promote new bicycle paths (especially between municipalities).
- increase bike sharing
The actions proposed started from EGS project by liceo “N.Tron”. From EGS forum a work group on sustainable mobility and, in particular, on “bicycle mobility” was born. This work group involved important local stakeholders. This project-event proposed specific activities to send out “strong” messages:
Our “strong” messages:
- FOR CHILDREN: cycling is healthy and fun!
- BOYS/GIRLS: cycling is “glamour” and lets have fun with friends;
- And important attractions/opportunities for:
- CYCLISTS: flea market, bicycle repair, bike test, anti-theft marking/chip
- LOCAL ASSOCIAZIONS: to promote their acticities to many people;
- NEIGHBORS MUNICIPALITIES: for a common policies to promote bicycle (round table and shared initiatives)
Event 1: “Illuminate a monument with bicycle”
Schio participates in the National venture “M’illumino di meno”, a radio campaign on energy saving ( http://caterpillar.blog.rai.it/milluminodimeno/) with a singular team competition: illuminate a famous monument of Schio with bicycle(February 18, 2011).
VIDEO OF THE EVENT:
Event 2: Festival 2011 (May 7- 8 2011)
Locations: City of Schio / garden suburb bicycle paths
A remarkable public event to promote use of bicycle, involving as many stakeholders as possible.
Main public activities and results:
- Meeting between professional cyclists and students;
- Acrobatic bicycle contest and student bike party; >> 20 acrobat-bikers and up to 2000 people
- flea market of bicycle accessories;
- Bicycle repair shop and lessons about bicycle;
- Bike test, anti-theft marking and/or chip; >> 222 marks
- relay race in bicycle paths;
- “Bimbinbici” (kids on bicycle) >> 550 partecipant
- busker on bicycle;
- little “Giro d’Italia”; >> 1517 ciclyst + 2300 pedestrians
- road safety education for cyclist.
And 28 new bike-sharing card, 20 exhibiting and….bicycle everywhere!
Last Updated on Thursday, 16 February 2012 23:54